Tuesday, September 26, 2006

BEST DATA 56K V.92 LITE EXT USB MACINTOSH ( 56USBPMAC )

BEST DATA 56K V.92 LITE EXT USB MACINTOSH ( 56USBPMAC )

Introducing the Smart One 56K USB Plus External Controller-based modem. This 56k USB modem is designed to work with Microsoft Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP, MAC OS 9.X and above systems to deliver the fastest speeds possible and additional features like QuickConnect and Internet Call-Waiting. (Internet Call waiting drivers and application for Windows 2000 and XP only). The Smart One modem supports all the new standard V.92 features with the exception of PCM upstream. This is in addition to V.90 technology currently supported by all Internet service providers. That means it's fast, easy to install and use. With the 56USB Plus modem you get it all! Faster Web browsing, faster internet access. Take phone calls while online (Windows 2000 and XP only).
Customer Review: Ba=est Data USB Windows Mac Modem
I bought a best Data USB modem listed as suitable for Mac and WIndows since I use both. The Windows software was not accepted by this OS and when I proceeded anyway the modem would not run. The instructions said to consult the web site for Mac drivers . After going thru the various layers I found the site has NO OS X drivers.

I gave it one star because that is the minimum. To be fair I don't know how it works since I could not make it work.

I bought another USB modem and it installed and runs; so I do know how to install this stuff.

So what you have here is a WIndows Mac device that cannot install on Windows XP or Mac OS 10. Not needing another paperweight, I returned mine.

No comments: