Friday, May 26, 2006

All-Clad Stainless 10-Inch Nonstick Fry Pan

All-Clad Stainless 10-Inch Nonstick Fry Pan

Never again will your omelettes stick to the bottom of your pan - not if your pan is this one by All-Clad. With its nonstick interior, this 10-in. pan is just the size for an omelette or frittata. You'll also find it indispensable for sauteing vegetables. About All-Clad...All-Clad cookware is crafted from three permanently bonded layers of metal -- a layer of pure aluminum rests between an 18/10 stainless steel cooking surface and an exterior aluminum layer of magnetic stainless steel, brushed aluminum or hard anodized aluminum. The pan is designed such that the heat spreads quickly and evenly to produce superior results. Handwashing recommended for nonstick interiors.
Customer Review: I don't understand this product
You have the bottom of the pan clad in stainless steel...the advantage of that? You can dishwasher stainless. But you can't dishwasher nonstick! You just have the disadvantage of slower heating than you would with straight aluminum underneath.

And then you put teflon on something that costs over $100...the pan will last 50 or more years, the nonstick about five if you use it lightly and don't let some idiot put metal on it ever.

There's no indication that they will resurface your pan either...the warranty just covers defects, not use.

I think this is very wasteful economically, if not environmentally (because it is a massive yet not durable product, even if you recycle it). You can get a cheaper nonstick that will serve you for the five years just fine (e.g. Calphalon commercial), and better you can get this pan without the teflon and learn how to season your own cookware and make it even more nonstick than this can ever be and yet utterly indestructible, even with metal utensils.

People will only buy this for the looks. After all, they don't know how to cook anyway.
Customer Review: Great Release
This is my official egg pan -- even if I'm only cooking one. The nonstick finish is great. I haven't had any problems with it. I like the fact that I can get the All-Clad even heat technology with a non-stick surface. Because of the non-stick surface, the pan is not dishwasher safe. However, it's so easy to clean that you don't even think about it.

I use this pan so often that I don't bother to put it away. Its home is on my stove.

Update 4/8/06: Nonstick requires more care than I'm used to. I admit that I am guilty of letting the pan get too hot while it's empty and I believe I have damaged the nonstick coating. (This can happen with any brand of nonstick pan.) I recently read that to avoid damaging the coating, you should always heat the pan with oil. The oil will smoke before the pan gets too hot to do any damage. I purchased this pan in December of 2004 and it has lasted longer than previous nonstick skillets, but I will have to replace it soon. I am also thinking about getting an 8" nonstick as well because perhaps I'm not doing the larger pan any favors when I fry something in it that doesn't take up that much space, like a single egg.


Related Best Buys Zone Product Categories: Cookware sets
Cookware Sets at Best Buys Zone

Nonstick Cookware sets
Non Stick Cookware Sets at Best Buys Zone
Anolon Cookware Sets
Anolon Cookware Sets at Best Buys Zone
Hard Anodized Aluminum COokware Sets
Hard Anodized Aluminum Cookware Sets at Best Buys Zone
Kitchen Aid Cookware Sets
Kitchen Aid Cookware Sets at Best Buys Zone

Sauce Pans
Sauce Pans at Best Buys Zone

No comments: