Customer Review: Awesome graphics, but an otherwise letdown
While the graphics are absolutely amazing and the plot's pretty good, the game had quite a few shortcomings.
1. It's WAY too short. Compared to TR 1-3, the levels are very small and enclosed and Lara only spends one level per chapter instead of 3 or 4 per chapter. All the clever tricks and traps only make an appearance maybe once and then disappear.
2. Weapon system was more realistic, but I didn't like having a limit of weapons like that. Also, the pin-point aim system felt very underused.
3. Movement system was a pain. The directional controls were oriented to the camera and not Lara, so the directions would change depending on where the camera was. Also, the camera was much too free and there were times it would confuse where I was jumping if I was moving too quick.
4. When Lara gets hit the right way, it knocks her over. This makes shotguns very very formidable. Annoying, but it was more realistic and challenging.
5. Supporting characters were a little plastic. The banter between Zip and Atler is fun, but they otherwise don't do a whole lot.
6. With the new light, the dark areas of the game could have been a lot bigger. There were only a couple of spots dark enough to make use of the thing.
The grapple and interactive cutscenes were fun. Still, I prefer the CTRL=grab system of the earlier games. The Manor is really neat, being taken almost directly from the movie.
Customer Review: Best of the series, can't wait for next one.
Tomb Raider Legend is by far the best the the series. The graphics, the story, the music, the action, the puzzles, the cinematics and the extras all are just spectacular while playing the game. It took me 3 days to beat the whole story mode, but then once you beat it, you realize you only have a certain percentage of the whole game completed. Finding the the secrets in the game and earning extra features such as new costumes, codes, weapon upgrades, pictures, and extra videos are a whole extra adventure to completing the game. And earning Lara's bikini costume is worth the trouble :P Lara's mansion is also a playable level but is not in the story, finding the secrets in her house is a challenge, but fun. Overall, this game was excellent and i would recommend it to anyone who liked the other Tomb Raider games, or anyone who is just looking for a great adventure game. I'll be waiting for the next one to come out.
Related Sony Playstation Portable Links at Best Buys Zone:
Sony PSP Value Pack at Best Buys Zone
Sony PSP Adventure Games at Best Buys Zone
Sony PSP Military and Espionage Games at Best Buys Zone
Sony PSP Action Games at Best Buys Zone
Sony PSP FPS Games at Best Buys Zone
Sony PSP Sports and Outdoor Games at Best Buys Zone
Sony PSP Football Games at Best Buys Zone
All Sony PSP Games at Best Buys Zone