Tuesday, May 16, 2006

All-Clad Stainless 12-Inch Fry Pan

All-Clad Stainless 12-Inch Fry Pan

Frying, browning, sauteing? If you tend to use your fry pan a lot, as most people do, doesn't it make sense to purchase one that will give you years of excellent service? All-Clad's three-ply stainless steel construction assures even heat distribution to prevent hot spots.
Customer Review: Excellent pan, excellent line.
I have owned this pan for several years now, along with many other All-Clad pans. I love them. Pricy yes, but once you buy them you never have to replace them, which makes them comparatively cheap! (in price only, not in quality)

While this pan won't work just like a nonstick pan, it does cook evenly and foods (even eggs and pancakes) won't stick if you follow the basic rule.

First, heat the pan. After the pan has come up to temperature you can add the oil. Only add the food after the oil has heated.

Before I gave in and bought the expensive All-Clad pans, I was going through a set of pans every few years or so. I know for sure that I have bought the last set of cookware I will ever need. That is a wonderfull feeling!

If you are hesitant to spend the price for All-Clad stainless, think back over the last 10 or 15 years. Add up what you have paid for all the pans you had to keep replacing!


Customer Review: Really like this pan....
I just got my pan after waiting almost 5 weeks for delivery. BTW... don't order from here. They ship directly from All-Clad and it will ruin the handle on your new pan because of the way All-Clad packages them.

I used it after cleaning it the first time. I cooked some eggs, slid right off. I then had to make a marinara suace from a recipe that called for carmelizing the tomatoes. They got good and cooked evenly over the bottom and when I de-glazed, the tasty bits came right off and melded right into the sauce.

Clean up was very easy. A light scrubbing with a blue scrubby backed sponge and everything looked new again.

To those who say this pan sucks, learn to cook. The right temperature is everything. If you need to experiment, start out cold, not hot and work up. This pan will not make foods stick, poor technique absolutely will.

And, if you hate it that much, I'll buy it from you. I could use 2 or 3 more of these beauties.

No comments: